Are you an experienced Production Manager from a Technical Manufacturing environment with a continuous improvement and process-orientated mind set? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Our established, market leading client is looking for a key individual to join their Microwave Business based in Lincoln. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing production for the Site and working closely with Supply Chain, Engineering and Project teams.
This is a manufacturing-leadership role, overseeing the day-to-day planning and organisation of production resource to meet agreed weekly output targets and you will report to the Head of Operations.
- Manage the delivery of products to meet customer demand on time and in full whilst maximising the efficiencies and capacities of the production area.
- Be responsible for the leadership, development and deployment of a motivated and high performing team.
- To promote safe methods of working and make sure of employee safety at all times.
- Ensure that the quality of our products and processes meets the needs of our customers.
- Promote organisational alignment, best practice and drive continuous improvement initiatives and thinking
- Provide ‘hands-on’ support to production to meet shortfalls in capacity
- Support New Product Introduction activities to reduce cost and improve competitiveness
- Working closely with Supply Chain, Engineering and Project teams
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Operating in a Production supervisory role within a technical manufacturing environment in a complex, international and multi-cultural context.
- A continuous improvement and process-oriented mind set.
- Knowledge and application of standard production metrics to drive sustained business improvement.
- Strong persuasive communication, influencing and negotiation skills (verbal and written).
- Autonomous working, used to adhering to tight deadlines and able to prioritise workload under pressure through risk management.
- An understanding and experience of working within an ERP systems (preferably SAP) from a Manufacturing perspective.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel and good working knowledge of other MS office products.
- Experience of cost management
- Highly methodical with an ability to control and manage multiple tasks on a regular basis.
- Highly motivated
- An appreciation of lean concepts
- Understanding of Supply Chain processes and systems
- Security clearance to SC level is desirable
Hours: 37 hours per week broken down with either;
Monday to Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm and Friday 8:00am – 1:00pm with 30 minutes break each day
Monday to Thursday 7:30am – 4:00pm and Friday 7:30am – 12:30pm with 30 minutes break each day
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, with the first year of employment holiday entitlement being accrued at 2.08 days per month
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Premium discounts on electronics, motoring, travel, entertainment and food and wine
- Cycle Scheme – purchase a bike and pay over a 12 month period
- Aviva Pension – client matches up to 6% (auto-enrolled at 3%)
- Birkett Long – Free 30 minute consultation with a solicitor, after which you and family are entitled to corporate discount
- Virgin Active – 3% discount when signing up, just need to show you employee pass
- AXA – Free and confidential support service
- Simply health cash plan – by making regular payments you can get significant contributions toward dental, optical, physiotherapy and other medical costs
To apply, hit the ‘APPLY NOW’ button to email your CV with a covering letter and salary expectations to Virginia.
Due to the high level of expected applications, if you have not received a reply from us within 2 days of applying then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
*Quest Recruitment is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from candidates of all ages, backgrounds and abilities
KEY WORDS: Microwave, Production, Technical, Manufacturing, Supply Chain