Are you an experienced Quality Projects Engineer with industrial experience?
Are you used to working within an ASME standards environment?
If so we have a new full-time permanent opportunity with a Lincoln Engineering company that might be of interest to you!
MAIN PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
- Continual improvement in the quality of manufactured goods and supporting documentation and so drive out excess costs.
- Plan Quality requirements of projects to customer specific requirements, European directives & international standards/codes.
- Liaise with other departments such as Production, Sales, Project management, Purchasing, Engineering and Technical to meet on time delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning of project specific quality requirements
- Investigation of quality concerns, fault finding, correction and prevention including 8D investigation and reporting
- Development of company quality procedures & records
- Welding tests – witness and paperwork
- Industrial – Customer interface
- Rework/rectification – procedure development and support
- Perform Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
- ASME drawing sign off
- Project release meeting checks
- Completion of the U1A document for ASME U Stamp projects for 3rd party inspectors
- Maintain welder qualification
- Cover for performance of inspections – final inspection/hydro tests/flushing & fan runs
- Performance of quality audits. (Product / Process / Systems / Supplier)
- Offsite inspections
- Cover for compilation of certification dossiers and weld packs
- Auto – PPAP submissions/MSA studies
- Raise requisitions
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in engineering / quality background
- Conversant with ISO 9001 and pressure vessel (ASME VIII, BS EN 5500, PED 97/23/EC) is essential; TS16949 and other QA standards would be desirable
- NVQ level 3
- Minimum apprentice trained
Hours of work: 37 hours Mon – Thurs 8am – 4:45pm and Fri 8am – 12pm
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on skills and experience
Holidays: 20 days (5 weeks) holiday per annum plus statutory holidays
Benefits: Onsite parking, 3 day weekend and auto enrolment pension scheme after 3 months
Pension – Auto enrolment after 3 months
To apply, hit the ‘APPLY NOW’ button to forward your CV with a covering letter and salary expectations to Virginia.
Due to the high level of expected applications, if you have not received a reply from us within 2 days of applying then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
*Quest Recruitment is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from candidates of all ages, backgrounds and abilities