Do you have experience of engineering drawings using SolidWorks? Are you looking to be developed into a designer? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our established Lincoln based client is looking to recruit a 3D Draughtsperson to join their Drawing Office team on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Drawing Manager, you will process projects and carry out the relevant changes using SolidWorks and Epicor software. You will be responsible for transferring data to the manufacturing/business system, engineering change notes and completing the Bill of Materials (BOM).
The role will initially involve working on the client’s smaller projects before you are developed within the Drawing Office over time, once the role of 3D Draughtsperson role is being performed competently and consistently.
- Complete minor drawing projects from various specifications to produce production drawings using SolidWorks
- Process Engineering Change Notes to make changes to existing drawings in a timely manner to support internal and external customers
- Completing the Bill of Materials (BOM) within required timeframes
- Check other team member’s project output as required to maintain a high accuracy level throughout.
- Maintaining system records for material identification/specifications.
- Organise drawing review meetings, ensuring corrections and alterations identified are completed.
- Liaise with Production Engineering to ensure the correct manufacturing methods and times are applied.
- Support Purchase Team with information on optimum sheet metal sizes on a job by job basis each week.
- Calculate amount of paint required for units and assign relevant part numbers for paint and thinners.
- Knowledge of general engineering principles, relevant to design, development and manufacture of technically engineered products
- Minimum 2 years engineering drawing experience using SolidWorks
- Experience of manufacturing systems for either material or production control
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- IT competent: SolidWorks, Word, Excel and Access would be essential
- Use of AutoCAD would be an advantage, but not essential
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Mon – Thurs 8am – 4:45pm and Fri 8am – 12pm
Holidays: 5 weeks holiday per annum plus bank holidays
Benefits: Onsite parking, auto enrolment pension scheme after 3 months and 3 day weekend
To apply, hit the ‘APPLY NOW’ button to send your CV with a covering letter and salary expectations to Virginia.
Due to the high level of expected applications, if you have not received a reply from us within 2 days of applying then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
*Quest Recruitment is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from candidates of all ages, backgrounds and abilities