Are you an experienced Assistant Buyer with supply chain experience? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Due to continued growth within the client’s Purchasing Department, they have an exciting opportunity within their team as an Assistant Buyer on a 12 month fixed term contract.
To support the Purchasing team in a range of administrative and practical tasks, to assist in ensuring the availability of parts and services.
Main duties to include:
- Requesting, obtaining and analysing quotations for required goods and services
- Preparing and issuing purchase/repair/work orders
- Ensure goods and services are supplied as requested, whilst adhering to export related regulations
- Update and monitor the completion status of the Task Register
- Input and maintain accurate part pricing as directed by the Team Leader
- Monitor the timely clearance of goods inwards delays, resolving the rejected items as required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience as an assistant in a buying role/experienced administrator
- Experience in an Aerospace sector would be beneficial but not essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- The ability to independently take ownership of initiatives and deliver effectively with little supervision, whilst forming positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of standard supply chain principles
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with people at different levels
- Educated to GCSE Maths and English grade A-C (or equivalent) or have the equivalent Supply Chain experience
Location: Outside of Lincoln
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8am – 4:45pm, Friday: 8am – 3:45pm
Application deadline: Wednesday 8th August
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the UK and able to successfully undergo Security Clearance.
Should this job role is of interest to you and you feel you have the relevant attributes and experience, then we would love to hear from you. Please forward your CV with a covering letter and salary expectations to Sadie by hitting the ‘APPLY NOW’ button.
Due to the high level of expected applications, if you have not received a reply from us within 2 days of applying then please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
*Quest Recruitment is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from candidates of all ages, backgrounds and abilities